Friday 26 May 2017

Stop telling us how we feel!

Namaste guys what's shaking?

In light of Manchester Terror attack on Tuesday, I've decided to shed light on a topic which people don't shed any light on at all.

No it's not about the attack itself , it's about how people react to it.

Personally the image of the 8 year old girl who died as a result of the attack got me in floods of tears. Naturally I would respond to the news in that way because I'm a mother and the thought of someone losing their child in that horrible fashion strikes a cord.

Which is why I don't want to watch the news..

Remember the guy who was carrying his twins who died as a result to the chemical attack in Sarin? I thought they were a sleep.

Stupid innocent me.

When I realised they weren't , I was heart broken.

People cry. It's a natural human mechanism . We cry , when we're scared, sad, angry and even happy. It's a normal thing.

When babies cry , yes it's for attention but it'a because they can't speak ! They're not doing it because they want to manipulate you into getting their way..

When my daughter was a baby , she cried because she wanted a cuddle. So I'd pick her up and then I would get the same dumb assed quote from people who had kids mostly the older generation that I was spoiling her!

4 years later , I ask my daughter why does she want hugs and she said because she feels better afterwards.

Now I am sick of people telling us that we need to stop crying for things we see or read on the news. I'm fed up of hearing how our kids are told to stop crying when they're genuinely upset about something as if their feelings don't matter.

I cannot stand it when I hear someone say that crying is a form of weakness.

I've even been accused of handing down "illness" of crying to my daughter because I cried during my pregnancy.

That last part clearly showed that no matter how hard you try , you cannot fix stupid. And I don't care if you call me out on this quote.

We were taught to hide our feelings as it showed weakness. Well those lessons are now meaningless because I want my daughter to tell me if something is wrong.

I hear "how come I never cry?"

Maybe because you happen to be someone who was raised to be a fucking feelingless android?

Telling us to not cry how and when we need to feel Is damaging to our health.

One example of people telling me that I need to feel a certain way is the times I've miscarried.

It's like "yeah it happened move on!"

I'm not allowed to mourn my babies because it makes people uncomfortable. I've had days where I was absolutely fine and then I'd have others where I just cried for am hour.

Yes it's true that it didn't bring any of my babies back, but the release made me feel a bit better.

So was talking to someone professional who didn't know my story.

My constant battle is making people aware that crying is a normal thing and believing that it'a an illness that can be cured is as stupid as saying there's a cure for gay people.

My final thought. You wanna cry? Do it! Even if it's for no reason! You're your own boss of your feelings.

With that said, namaste till the next time.

No comments: