Thursday 2 October 2008

The World of Innocence, music, magic, dancing and fun!



We waited nearly 5 months for this week to arrive.... We had a feeling this time around the shows were going to be bigger, better and well full of surprises..... we were not disappointed. Here's our story......

The whole experience started the weekend before the concerts.... Mia and I wanted to see if anything was going on there and there was.. last minute preperations and Carlos was in fact there in his role of "mr producer" he is a pretty demanding guy.. he wasn´t coming out so there was no way we were gonna ask someone to call him over... We heard Ger practicing some new songs and we got to hear the new intro.. it made us question.

Well as a bonus we did meet 2 dancers.. the Choriographer Alex G and a guy that Mia took a shine too... Hinley... They remembered me from Gay Pride weekend, especially Hinley( yes I named my cat after him)... it was fun talking to them.. they didn´t believe us when we told them we would be there at all 6 concerts... I told Hinley that I was bringing my boyfriend to one of the concerts and I told him he was Peruvian... He said that where he´s from which is Cuba they have nick name for them which is "Panchitos". which means "trouble" At least it wasn't a swearword...

Right the week of the Concert...

The first night all these famous people from Spanish TV started showing up.. I met up some other friends I hadn´t seen in ages...well tell a lie 1 saw 2 of them in Dublin last May... Beatriz, Gemma, Candy and Teresa who were in the famous "Rooster" photo from last year's concert with us. we were talking about whether this concert was going to be packed. I said yes.... but because there was a premier of "Che The Argentine" a few yards away some were unsure.... Oh ye of little faith...

Well one of the guys was from a TV series I watch when I am not working.... he's cuter in real life... also there was a cute guy with very long hair who was South American with god knows how many buttons undone on his shirt.. I say that cuz I could see his tattoo of a spider on his chest...

OK Never mind that...

We we entered the venue there were free drinks.. Mia handed me a flute with Spumante which I thought was wierd considering we were in Spain,... but hey what can I say cheers Carlos!!!! I took wine too and Gemma told me that one more of those and I will start thinking Geraldine has a twin when she's on stage... ha ha ha..

We got to meet the mother of the artist France who just screams personality, as usual she wore white which she wears quite well..

The intro of the concert was spectacular.. it had the same as before.. you know intro to Lettre a France then Naturaleza muerta and then the intro to Macarthur Park... but what was super spectacular was Geraldine´s entrance. She was suspended high up in the air on a harness with a Guardian angel behind her with his wings stretched far out... he looked familiar... I looked closer and it was El Maño!!! OMG OMG!! finally we got to find out what the intro was like... when they were both on the stage the rest of the dancers got into position and this angel boomed "Welcome to the World Of Innocence!" Mia wasted no time in pointing him out to me and I was like "OMG I know!"

He got his wings off really quick, Then as you could probably guess Ger went into "The show must go on" and well it was fantastic... what was really fantastic was that because the stage crew had to make room for the stage they took out the front row... so the the second row that we had became the front row...

MacArthur Park was spectacular.. and As for Maldita Soledad, this time Ger was singing by this tall gate.....

OK Gotic from the Tula Brothers.... It´s always a joy to see these 2 in action.. the gold pants were exchange for black short leggings but still OMG!!!

Lettre A France.... I will admit that I was crying to this song even though my french is pretty bad but she was sensational as usual.. Sin tenerte A Ti.. love this song... maybe cuz of the action that goes on around her.... sorry but very difficult not to notice those guys and those chairs... at one point H had El Maño drop to his knees in front of me with his chair and yes I was thinking "Thank you God". Had I attempted to take a picture of that moment I would have dropped my camera along with my jaw.

Por quien Vivir por Siempre..... every night, Ger made a funny comment About why Carlos wasn´t there... she said it was an interactive duo and that she had no idea what it meant.. "I suppose "Inter" for international and "Active" because it´s not passive... i don´t know I´m blonde... sorry I am trying to make jokes here!"

The first night she said "a lot of you have asked me lots of questions for example if I can give them the phone numbers of my fabulous dancers (Me me me me!) and if all this is mine (she was pointing to herself)... well of course it is I paid for it!" she went on to say Carlos was with 3 other guys who were OK and they sing OK but her team were way better....

But this interactive Duo was sensational, her voice has grown in the last year and this duo was sooooo much better than last years.. seriously it was.. of course Carlos appeared on a huge screen singing and he was spectacular too... the 2 dancers Alex G and Gema were sensational and as usual I was crying..

There was some new bits in this concert... there was another Coriography with the dancers... it was like Mortal combat meets, Matrix, meets Crouching Tiger meets this new craze from Japan with the huge drums... It was a fight simulation sequence but it was bl****dy good!!

I loved this song Ger sang next,, it was in French and her costume was amazing... She was wearing a silver metalic suit and was sitting on a chair with wires and bolts and stuff... she was pretending she attatched to it... Alex and Sergio appeared on these pogo stilt thingys and they were the evil cyborgs who controlled all the others stopping them from trying to get to Ger.. the coriography was great on this one... I´ve never seen such hot looking robots....

the 2 girls Sira and Gema did an acrobatic routine which was superspectacular....

Then she did a track which I think it´s called This Woman´s Work...By Kate Bush. She came out with a green shiny over coat dress thing which had a lilac underskirt which made her look like she was wearing a crinolin.

This was one of my fave numbers... she did a cover of Duran Duran's Wild Boys and my god... she came out with a Burgandy Corset and the rest of the guys came out with capes with crimson shoulder pads and red pants.. OK you can probably guess that they were vampires in this song... I actually like Vampires....hmmmm they do give a whole new meaning to the phrase "Bite me!"

Then The kungfusion sequence... this would make a great workout DVD by far....

Naturaleza Muerta was next.. I love this song and this time Ger was singing it all in Spanish.... There was some sould effects of sea and Seagulls at the begining before she sung the song...

The next 3 songs were super sensational as always.. Especially Frozen... what can I say... men and Leather.... Un Rio Profundo was better than last year cuz the were going nuts.... at one point... Skizzo grabbed El Maño and they do si doed and Gema was sitting on El Maño´s ass and kicking her legs up while he was moving his hips.. the strength on that man...

The encore was a Dance version of Macarthur Park which I made a video of at Gay pride 2 months ago but still have no idea how to upload on youtube

I got waved at by my lovely Angel.... so I was grinning like a cheshire cat...

After the show there was like a mini party the VIPS were in the foyer with drinks and nibbles and Ger was going to meet us all with her dancers... This was a chance for Mia and I to give them a little something to remind them of these concerts. As you know Ger likes to collect fridge magnets and Mia had some made of Ceramic in the shape of Roses... We did play the game of hunt the dancers as we had a rose for all 10 of them.. the first one was El Maño.... who said "I saw you in the front row." i was blushing well so was he when we gave him a rose.. he speaks a bit of English so to Mia´s relief I didn´t have to translate... He´s a good hugger... then there was Yurij, Hinley who is a flirt and told me not to be so nervous... he was making me nervous when I met him the weekend before... Alex G was lovely but he was ill... I told him not to get too close but did he listen like hell he did...

Alex and Sergio luckily spoke English well they did to Mia, and the girls were surprised we got them something each... one of them did the "we´re not worthy" gesture when I told her we were going to all the concerts....

Tete is a new dancer and also from Cuba he was such a sweet heart... and Skizzo awwwwwwww he shaved his hair but he still looked like a cute pirate... He was shocked when I told him he had admirers... I said would you believe me if I told you and he said "no" I also asked him what did he do to his hair and he said "why don´t you like it?" and I rubbed his head and said yeah I do... i asked him what his real name was and he replied "Skizzo"

Mia wanted to see if El Maño´s spikey hair was rock solid... she said it felt like sugar.... yum... we got a pic with him.... hmmmmmmmmmmm sugar....

Ger was quite busy this night and because I was sick I decided to shake her hand rather than kiss her.. she loved the fridge magnet... She was really busy chatting to everyone this night.... We met France again I told her we loved the show and I cried and she said "me too" then what surpirsed me was she started speaking to me in Italian, I was a bit relieved but she said she had lived there for 5 years when Ger was a girl.

We had a chat with Antonio, Ger´s other manager.... he´s a lovely guy.. cute too... he was also at Celine´s concert in Dublin...

The rest of the week was pretty much spectacular, The dancers and Ger came out through the stage door the rest of the week and we said our good byes to them.. they were surprised we were there the dancers that is... Yurij said we´d probably know the who concert by heart by then... well conisdering that I couldn´t cheer or hardly speak until the last concert.. Mis had to cheer for me....

Thursday´s concert was the best of the 6, there were a few boo boos... Carlos suddenly appeared behind the gates during Maldita Soledad, The lights were late for Sin tenerte A Ti, The sound effect didn´t come on for Naturaleza and Sergio Bless him forgot to do his flies when he had his outfit on for Lettre and Sin tenerte...

our little coven was made complete when Vivien arrived on Friday and we went out for Sangria me, Mia and Vivien.... I goty a little tipsy which Hinley thought was funny...

´Saturday´s was special cuz, all of the mums of the dancers were there, and France and Carlos´parents too... I decided to bring my boyfriend with me to this concert. We arrived ten minutes before the concert started because David being a man who has a bit of a problem with time keeping arrived late and I was on the verge of choking him... (no i'm kidding) but i've converted him into a fan to it can't be all bad... I introduced him to the dancers after the show. Hinley laughed when they met perhaps he thought I Told him that he referred to him as "Panchito" well I did but he didn't know what it meant..... and at one point El Maño looked at him and said "Oh you´re the guy she was waiting for the other night!" David looked at him and said "She told you?" and he said "She was waiting ages for you mate" Then he Met Ger who told me that she loved the last present I gave her and I gave a book this time called Messages of water... then she looked at David and Said "Look after her for me!"

The Belgian Divas were there too... Lindsay, Nadia, Linda and Silvia.... El Maño proved to be quite popular for a photo because the girls all got one with him and VIiven.. the photos are hysterical because he has a different face with every girl.

Carlos' mother and father were at this concert too and I said Hi cuz Mia and I had met them earlier in the week.they asked me how I was because they knew I had been ill. (when MIa and I met them I could barely speak) I introduced David to them and the first thing Sr Marin asked was "He speaks SPanish doesn't he" and I said "he's Peruvian" they were chatting for a bit about the concert and about singing. I wasn't surprised.

The last night was the most emotional of the week cuz obviously it was the last one... but what melted my heart was seeing my 2 friends Anto and Marieta... both of them are 15 and they were so nervous.. they started crying when the intro began and throughout the whole concert they were holding hands and crying and singing to all the songs.... their dream came true after the show when I took them to the stage entrance and they met Ger... Seeing them made me burst out crying and when El Maño came out (he´s always last) he gave me a hug and said we´ll see each other again soon.... we took one last pic with him.... special thanks to his friend who took it (who was also very cute)... Anto and Marieta also love Sergio so they were happy to have a pic with him and Alex too..

I was happy that they met Ger... stroked their cheeks when they were still crying....... she told us that thanks for supporting her and I said your welcome, I thanked her for a great week and did the same with most of the dancers... I even ran into a friend I didn´t think was going to be there...

It was a crazy week but I am soooo happy.. thank you so much Geraldine for a great week....

Thank you so much to the following, El Maño, Skizzo, Alex G, Alex, Sergio, Sira, Gema, Tete, Yurij, Hinley and Tete for you talents too you all rock...

Thanks so much to Rosie.... you totally rock...

To Charlie the concuctor.... thanks for trusting us with your son in the same row as us.

to Carlos.... you are a genius, you totally rock, thanks sooooooooo much for this.....

Oh and would like to espacially thank Vivien and Mia, thanks so much you guys... this had been an adventure and I can´t think of anyone else to share this with... Mia you really need to teach me how to dance and Vivien, if you're not in that Orchestra next year playing the cello then the conductor is being silly!

and to Skizzo, ALex G and Hinley.... Sorry.... sorry you guys got my cold... I warned you I was ill but the reply was "that´s ok we don´t have to sing!"

whoops I forgot El Maño sounded like he was getting a sore throat... as much as it pained me to tell him "don't come anywhere near me i'm sick".. he said he wasn't bothered and came closer...

ok more booboos but that´s what made these concerts memorable..

Hinley falling over his own pants during Kungfusion,
El Maño´s ribbon decided to cling onto his body...
Yurij almost fell off stage twice.... and at one point so did El Maño (we know he´s called Jesus, he prefers El Maño)It would give a whole new meaning to the phrase "It's raining men"

funniest moment.... seeing El Maño acting like a loonie outside with his friends pretending to flie... He´s a big guy by the way.. (what was else was in that can of Fanta?)

And well I am counting down to the next performance.... If I had to do it again, I would do it exactly the same but I would change one thing... thatis to take better care of my health.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh,Tina,you bring me back to the most fantastic week in Madrid!

I will do it again absolutely!
I hope we will!

So,I will add this:

Thank you Geraldine/Innocence;you were/are truly fantastic!Love you lots!

And Carlos; You are a hell of a producer!Love you too!

And all the Dancers;you were a joy to watch every night!Hugs to you all!

And the Musicians;You were great!Sitting down there,not being able to watch the show!Only us!lol!

Charles the conductor;you are one of my favorite ones now!

And the rest of the crew;Great job!

Rosie;It was fun seeing you in action!I'm happy to have met you!

France;Thanks for all the hugs!You are wonderful!And you have a wonderful daughter!

Carlos' Mother and Father;It was a pleasure meeting you...And yes,I admit, I do think you son are fantastic!Both your "kids" are fantastic!

And it was so fun meeting other friends that I met last year!

But most of all I loved to meet and spend time with;Tina and Vivien and share this with them!Love you lots!

David;Great meeting you,even if we could not speak to each other!

Madrid rocks!

I wish they read this Tina!

Morgana said...

Awww thanks Mia,

David says hello by the way...

Awwww David's face when I told him what "Panchito" means...

same time same place next year!!!