Wednesday 22 October 2008

Film Fest Feast of Symphony Rock Fusion


Last weekend Innocence was Promoting in Mostoles Madrid where there was film festival... I didn't stick around for the screening of the movie cuz I had to go to Terminal 4 and pick up my boyfriend from work.. but I did see Innocence's performance.....

What can I say? Last weekend was great.. Never been to a film fest even though I was only there for the opening act....

I arrived at Mostoles about 5.45 pm and after asking around where the venue was, I came face to face with the funny looking building.. it's called the "Forest Theatre" and you can see why.. it looks like a forest. OK I found the entrance after figuring out where to go and was chatting a bit on the phone with Mia when all of a sudden a few feet away from the entrance, there she was. Geraldine, chattiing with Rosie (Carlos in case you read this your sister absolutely rocks!) Danny (yum) Sergio ( Thud) and El Maño (dear God Thud!)... El Maño's face was a picture when he saw me... he was surprised as hell, they all waved and Geraldine came over to say hi and thanks for coming.... she said it was a surprise to see me there... then I remembered that I was still talking to Mia and asked if Mia wanted to talk to Ger. Mia certainly didn't say no. then after that Ger had to go and get ready..

I had a problem at this rate.... I didn't have a ticket... Well it said free entrance and I assumed you didn't need a ticket... but the nice lady at the box office said that If I waited perhaps somone would come to the box office with a ticket they no longer needed.... I didn't have to wait long.. I asked for 2 and gave my spare to a friend of an Old lady in the queue... I was front of the queue but lost my place when I saw all the free goodies... but that didn't matter because where I was in the queue still gave me a shot in the front row.. Ger was doing a press interview and pics were being taken.. I managed to take one from where I was which was upstairs.

The doors to the actual theatre opened Half an hour late but it didn't stop me from getting to the front row.. I was asked if I wanted to move further to get a better view... excuse me? I'm in the front row here I can almost touch the stage and you want me to move? I don't think so.. and best of all I was allowed to use my camera!!

Ger came on looking gorgeous with her corset and as for her dancers.... Thud.... ALex the Choreographer was also there making them 4 dancers.. She sang McAuthur Park which I managed to tape 30 odd seconds of the start, Naturaleza Muerta in Spanish.... holy hell any closer and I would have fainted and Un Rio Profundo where the guys were egging everyone to participate... and yes someone shouted Guapa a few times!!

As soon a Ger was done I asked if I could leave the theatre and there were no problems with that... I couldn't hang around to see the movie cuz I needed to go and pick up my boyfriend from work... I waited for Ger and the dancers to exit... didn't have to wait long cuz Danny was the first one out and I gave him a Hug.. Followed by Alex G... who asked how I was, I told him much better... He naturally has a raspy voice... then El Maño who really is a great Hugger asked me how I was and said he almost didn;t recognise me earlier cuz of my hat.... it was freezing.. he was wearing a nice woolly scarf and I told him that he made a smart choice in wearing it. Then I said my goodbyes to Sergio who was dragging a suitcase and a bag with the "Trident" from Naturaleza Muerta.. then Rosie... I wanted to chat to her a bit cuz she was always busy last month.. she was a little busy last night too but had time to tell me she couldn't believe I was there for the show... She was even more surprised I was talking in SPanish... Ger was in a hurry to leave cuz she had to go somewhere for a promo or something... But she had time for a hug and to sign an autograph for my friend Angel... and I gave Geraldine an extra hug for the "Birthday boy"..

And Off I was back to Central Madrid...

Once again thank you so much Geraldine for sharing your wonderful talent with us..

and as for the Guys, Alex G, Danny El Maño (nobody calls him by his first name!) and Sergio.. thanks you guys.. you're all pretty special..

And here are 2 videos I took. they are very short cuz I wanted to save the battery...
I'm extremely proud of this one.
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=JlKN8bJji8o

MacArthur Park.
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=vOBB1uaxsGQ

Hmmmm let's see..

Fayre to Mostoles Madrid 4 Euros in Total....

Lunch courtesy of Carrefour Super Market... 2 Euros...

Entrance ticket to the film fest 30 minutes of waiting for a spare....

Seeing the look on a certain person's face when he saw me and making a 30 second video of him dancing.... Priceless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Priceless indeed!

You and Geraldine made my day that day...I was not feeling too good...And chatting with both of you was great!

Thanks!

I can picture that look on his face in my mind.LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,

I tried to watch the videos, but I wasn't able to. Could you maybe link them on your post? Thanks!

Morgana said...

I've reposted the links as you tube links...

I'll be on the road again in 11 days time...

in London...

hugs