Thursday 16 October 2008

No time Limit on how long you know someone to call them a friend. Part 1


Last year, I traveled to 8 cities over 5 countries to see my favorite group IL DIVO in 11 concerts and one of my fave solo artists Innocence in 2 .As usual all five were fantastic and well the stories I could tell of my travels would make interesting conversation topic openers.

With all these concerts going on, you have a chance to meet people. Some you know from other concerts and some you are meeting for the first time. We would meet up and go for a pre concert drink and if we hadn't seen each other for ages we'd catch up on some gossip.

A lot of them I met on the forums of both artists and we'd chat for ages on messenger about everything from which song we liked best from each artist to funny things Our pets keep doing.

Anyway I'll tell you about my 4 best friends. I met them all on the IL DIVO forum and if you look at our nationalities Italy, France, UK and Sweden... we could make a female version of IL DIVO, but we wouldn't be as vocally talented... Actually Virginie has a great voice.

Speaking of which, I met Virginie in 2006. first on the forum after she was asking a question about where to stay in London when the group were going to make their appearance on the morning show "GMTV". since I had been there 4 times already and I knew where to go and what time we were likely to see them arrive,I invited her to stay with me and my family. She was surprised at first. here was someone willing to trust a complete stranger to stay in their home for 2 day, where as someone would have given her a list of hotels to stay. Virginie wanted to meet IL DIVO as she had never done before, There was a list of people going to the studio already posted on the topic forum and by some of the names I read, I knew some of them wouldn't give her a chance to get near them and some like with many artists feel they own the group...

We spent 2 months planning to meet up and what we were going to do or say and when I went to pick Virginie from Eurostar, she was really excited about the following day.. So excited that the poor thing passed out on the Subway and spent 4 hours in A & E wrorried that she might have to stay over night. well that didn't happen.

In the end we did go to the studio where they were shooting GMTV and we were greeted by the IL Divo manager who told us all to queue up as we were going to be sent in 4 at a time. Imagine that 100 odd women showing up in the pouring rain, waiting to go into the nice warm building where 4 of the most gorgeous and vocally talented artists in the business were standing... Since I was due to go in next I looked at Virginie, another french girl Guilaine and 2 Swedish girls (Part of IDSOW....Il Divo's Swedish Outrageous Women)... I let them in before me. they came all the way from another country to see their favorite group and if it were me going else where they would do the same.

Well I got in too to see them, and When their Website announced the dates to the world tour, Virginie was thinking about doing the London concerts and as the months went by we found out we were going to do the same concerts, 11 in total. Some countries she was visiting for the first time, like Ireland and Holland. we had a lot of fond memories of each visit to each country and we experienced some moments good and bad.. Like when we arrived to Madrid and the airline forgot Virginie's suitcase in Barcelona. When we met Carlos after the press release of his wife Innocence's music Video "The Show Must Go On" and he was trying to copy her French accent and when he said say hello to London for me... Virginie told him all of the places we were going to one by one and he said "Oh yeah and...."

Our get togethers are always fun. There's never a dull moment with Virginie and well that's what I like about Virginie... we do crazy things together... I said to her "wouldn't it be funny if during La vida Sin Amor (which 2 of the guys dance salsa) they had hula hoops!" The next thing I Knew Virginie drove me to a sports shop and we bought 2 hula hoops and brought them with us to the IL DIVO concert in Paris. It was hysterical.. I couldn't believe we were going through with it, and what shocked us was that the 2 guys David and Sebastien took them off us. David wanted to use his, but Sebastien was a bit erm... chicken.

Some narrow minded person made a comment on how French and Italians would never get on because of what happened at the World Cup final in 2006. Well that's bullshit because we've proven them wrong big time. Besides Virginie Likes the Rugby World Cup and Sebastien's best friend is Italian (Sebbie is French by the way)

I owe Virginie a lot as a friend because since meeting her, I have done things I have never done before. I guess having a partner in crime helps.. lol..

Next time I will post about my other best friends who have taught me more things about me that I didn't know about myself.

And who said you have to know someone for a long time to consider them as a friend. Why? is there a written law or unwritten law? I don't think so... What ever happened to taking a chance on people..I know people are scared to trust these days but hey if your gut instinct is telling you that you are dealing with a good person... why argue

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina

came across your blog when I got a google alert about it. Love all the pix and the chat. Have adeded it to my favourites so I can follow you life in Spain.

BTW - are you going to Geraldines concert this weekend???

Tracy

Morgana said...

I will defintetly try this weekend..

it's not a concert, she's performing at the opening of a film fest.

cheers for signing..

Anonymous said...

no problem.... I enjoy reading about all your experiences. Have a great time this weekend - can't wait to hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you found the perfect partner in crime! Lol. You girls are truly Il Divo fans to go to 8 cities in 5 countries just to hear them sing! Wow! I'm impressed!

el piano huérfano said...

No time and no limit for friendship and love.
I am glad that you found the freind to makd fun.

I see that you are having a great time in Spain

Take care

Will come and visit you again, can not wait for part 2
xxx

Morgana said...

Tracy... looking for to tomorrow and to chatting to a few people lol.

Lynn.. wait till I tell you about the other 3... and I actually got to chat to Geraldine at 2 of the concerts Il Divo concerts last year.

Piano.. look forward to your next visit

Ciao..

Anonymous said...

We really should write a book or something about how magical life can be if you are open enough to receive it!
Or it would be a great movie, actually!LOL

I rather be innocent and see the good in people,than the opposite!


Enjoy your weekend!
I wish I could be there too!
Kisses!